Saturday, October 30, 2010

We need you!



I am a quote junkie; I love them because they let you tap into wisdom in a short sentence. I read this quote and it got me thinking ("A tree gives glory to God by being a tree. For in being what God means it to be it is obeying Him…. The more a tree is like itself, the more it is like Him…." – Thomas Merton). We are created in Gods image and one person cannot adequately reflect all that God is to people. I am glad that He put so many people on earth because, we need you! When I think of all that I am not good at I panic, but I have noticed God has put others down here to help with my problems in life. Just yesterday I was in a mood and had to go to a networking event. I do okay in those type settings most of the time but yesterday I could not get into the “hello what do you do” game. So my natural talent of sarcasm was fighting to escape when a man asked me what I done and he said he does marketing counseling as a volunteer for small businesses. He went on to comment that he coached people like me and he said “I bet my prices are better than yours” with a little chuckle. Then I said true, but the advice you give is worth what you charge, nothing! Okay I didn’t get that line out; I shoved a Twinkie in my mouth before it escaped. (Yes I was having one of those days.) But none the less he is doing what God made him to do, help others in small business marketing.



Look around at others and look at what they do in their life. Ask yourself would you like to do what they do? If the answer is no, then ask your self what is it that I like to do? What is my passion? What was I put on the earth to accomplish? Does my work just give me money and a place to go everyday? Or is what I do blessing me with fulfilling my passion and rewarding me with money to support my family? “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” – Rumi; so what is that desire that has been put in your heart? You may ask so, Tim, should I just quit what I am doing and start doing my passion? No, not until you have determined what your passion is and have created a plan to get there and you see it can support you and your family. Hey as you can tell I could probably use some one to coach me in being nice when I am having a bad day. Never let you or anyone else squash those reoccurring dreams. Those dreams could be an indication of what you were put on the earth to fulfill. Remember we need you and what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment