Monday, November 22, 2010

Less is more



You may be thinking that I am just trying to make you feel better because your 401k is now a 201k or that your pay has been cut lower than it was two years ago. But think about it, sometimes we are going at a pace to have “more” that we are missing out on winning at other things that may bring more joy in our lives. Hey my income is less because I do not work where I use to but I don’t have all of the stress of being gone as much and feeling like I don’t have time to do anything. Like the late Dale Earnhardt said, slower is faster. When you go slower and don’t wear your machine out, you don’t have to make as many pit stops to work on it and by the end of the race you are up front in a position to win; while the ones running wide open are in the back, pedal to the floor ,trying to get up to the front but they are out of time. Wow I did get something out of Nascar when I watched it! So I suggest that we look at what where we really want to be, take a breath and start pursuing the dream. Weather it is being debt free, doing a job that you always wanted to do, at your pace, or building relationships, which is the most important. Let’s use this time to re-evaluate, re focus and reload to build the life that God put us down here to have. When we do these things we glorify Him and we enjoy ourselves. And yes God wants you to have His money, but He doesn’t want it to have you. And besides don’t you think it is easier to make money doing something you love versus something that pays well and makes you unhappy and takes all of your time?



11-18-10

No comments:

Post a Comment